It's been a busy two weeks! Harper's up to 4 types of food already! She LOVES sweet potatoes and squash (those are her favorites!) and also eats green beans. She does not love them. In addition, this week, we added peaches as a dessert type food! She's eating a whole jar of food, plus some of the fruit, so I'm anxious to see what she weighs in about a week and a half when we go in for her 6 month check up!!
With her eating so well, I've done a bunch of reading that says at this age, babies don't NEED to eat at night anymore! So, we spent one night of screaming for 54 very long minutes last Wednesday night! She did go back to sleep and has slept thru the night ever since! We are giving her a nap after work, tho, or she can't make it past 7:00 at night. We're trying to stretch her to stay up until 8 at night, and then she sleeps until 6:30-7 a.m! We're so lucky for such a beautiful, healthy girl!
Another first, was the transfer into the big girl tub! She kept wanting to sit up in the baby tub in the sink, so we transferred her into the big tub with a toy to hold her up, since she's not quite ready to sit up by herself, but it won't be too long!
Eric & I tried to make homemade baby food for her this weekend, but it was too thick and chunky. She gagged on the squash! Now what do I do with this remaining squash!? Oh well!
Emma is still liking school and is reading a lot!! We're reading a book together this week on Anne Sullivan and Helen Keller. We each read a chapter & I quiz her. She's beginning to read too fast and isn't getting the details, so I'm hoping this will help pay attention to details! She's still playing the celo, but is counting the days until she's done with it! She wonders why she didn't chose the violin! UGH that's what we wanted her to play!! KIDS!! She's thinking about doing the science fair with a friend. Still trying to figure out what to do!
Eric's been real busy at work, taking another big trial on this week. He's on two high profile trials that he's co-chair in. I plan on him bringing MORE work home nightly=(
We're all counting the day till spring comes! It's been a long, cold, snowy winter! We have a huge frozen lake at the end of our driveway since the drains were covered up! It's going to be an awful thaw, but I can't wait to not freeze every day!
Hope this finds you all well..
No comments:
Post a Comment