Sunday, August 1, 2010

Birthday week - 2010

Been a busy week of birthday's here at our house! Today, Harper enjoyed her first cup of milk..I believe she loved it! Now, I should back up a bit!
FIRST CUP OF WHOLE MILK


Harper no longer lets you feed her, she HAS to do it herself. Here is her finishing the cottage cheese container..
UGH..this is the mess we get to clean up nightly! She still loves her cottage cheese! We have added pears to the mix! She would eat that for every meal if we let her!


These are a little out of order as I couldn't get the software to correct it, so after 5 minutes of messing with it, I'm keeping it!

The above picture is Emma yesterday on her 10th birthday party. She invited 4 girls, but only 2 could come. She chose to go to the Laurel Oaks pool and spend 3 hours there. She doesn't love birthday cake, so we changed it up this year with a massive cookie!

The girls had so much fun..for the first hour or so. Emma had come home sick on Friday and in the middle of cake, ended up throwing up at the pool. I wonder if part of it had to do with her being too hot. She stuck it out for the rest of the party, but went right home to bed.

Backing  up to Thursday night, we had a massive rain (3-6" in town) that led the falls to explode with a loud, thunderous roar! Since it was my birthday, I wanted to go down there to see them. It was an amazing show of God's greatness, that's for sure! The falls had raised over 8 feet overnight. Many houses had water in their basements Friday morning:( I pray for those people that they can get it cleaned up!

Again, out of order, but Emma did have a couple of presents to open this year. (Reminder, she chose no gifts this year and opted to spend the money on buying things for our 2 sponsor kids in Haiti). Emma collects snow globes, so I found a couple awesome deals at some garage sales earlier this spring! This one is Winnie the Pooh


Harper has really been working heavily on walking with help. She still isn't close, but definately wants to work on it more than I remember Emma wanting to. Had to buy a new baby gate today to get that up before she plummets to the basement below!

Other exciting news this week..I got a new job!! I had a call about 2 weeks ago asking me to send in my resume to another bank. It's with First Dakota National Bank. I'd worked with one of the loan officers almost 10 years ago in my first processor job. After a couple of interviews later, the job is mine! They are building a new branch that will be where I will work in October or so, that is much closer to home! I will get to come home for lunch, if I want! So, I'm hoping for good things! I will start there on Aug 17th.

We're getting closer to school starting again! Two weeks from tomorrow is the big day! We are signing Emma up for dance classes this year, per her request! She's taking a class on Hip Hop, so I'm hoping she likes it! She will also be going to a different daycare after school..not very much supervision! it's to get her used to it for the next year..when she's in MIDDLE school! UGH

Well, I think that's about the whole week! Hope you all had a good one & have one next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment