Sunday, November 21, 2010

15 months

 I know I say this a lot, but where does the time go?! I just don't understand! Things have been busy, yet again.  Emma spent last weekend at her dad's house, so the three of us just did "stuff" and nothing real exciting, so that's why I didn't blog last week. Above is Harper helping take out a dirty diaper! I keep hoping this will lead to quick potty training:)
Last week was Harper's 15 month check up.  She had to get three shots =(. I hate them more than she does..well, maybe not, but I hate them. I appreciate that Eric always comes along so he can hold her down while I cowar in the corner.  She was 33 1/2" long (Yes, above the 99th%) and weighed just under 26 lbs (75%).  We were out at some friends' house last night & a 2 year old was only about 2" taller than Harper. They say that if you double a girls height at 2, that should be their adult height. At this rate, we're looking at a 6 footer! (I'm 5'10" and Eric is 6'5" or so).

 All else has been pretty good at home. Eric had an important trial last week, so he was gone quite a bit earlier in the week. He did win & we're so proud of him!  I've been real busy as well. We were all excited to see Paul, who arrived late on Thursday evening! He was only here thru today, but we were happy we got to see him for a little bit! He & Eric spent the day together on Friday. Friday night we all hung out. Saturday, Eric & Paul ran a couple of errands & then watched the Michigan game.  Later that afternoon, we drove to Vermillion to Carole & Jamie's for a little gathering. It was fun to get together with them and a bunch of other people from Eric's office.

This morning we had to say goodbye to Paul. Eric drove him to Worthington, where Eric's parents met them & they drove him back to Milwaukee. They will spend the week there & get to spend Thanksgiving there. The best part of Paul's visit was the announcement that baby Johnson is due 6/15/11!!! We're SO excited & pray for a healthy pregnancy!! Congrats guys!
Our big girl has definately got the hang of walking now. She's doing it all day long. I did teach her to go down the stairs on her belly tonight. Now she can go to the "big kid" room at daycare in the basement!  She's really started using her fork to feed herself. It's just so amazing how she's a little girl, and not a baby=( Where did that baby go? But she is also so fun! She keeps us busy, that's for sure!! She wants to watch "Elmo" or "Dora" all day long! So we'll put in a video & that entertains her for about 1 minute and then she's off for the next thing! Also, Eric made the mistake of watching Youtube videos of these characters. Now, she wants to watch them ALL the time..ugh. She does love to read books..but only if you read every book in the house! :) 

On that note, our Emma is such a good girl. When I told her that we'd probably go to Milwaukee for a week next summer to visit Paul/Jen & baby, she was excited, but also torn. we'd talked about spending a week in the Black Hills. I told her we couldn't do both, but maybe would start saving money to just do a long weekend out in the Hills. She went to her wallet & really wanted me to use $20 out of her money to start the fund! She's got such an amazing heart! The two of us are also going to start volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House after the first of the year. I think it's so important for her to realize there's more than just money to donate in this world!

Happy Thanksgiving this week! We are going to my folks' house in Jackson & then plan to take Bethany home with us for a few days:) I'm so excited..she also heard back from Augustana college this year..they're offering her $13,500 in scholarships! How incredible is that!!!!?? She's so bright! I'm SO proud of her! Good job, B!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment