Sunday, April 25, 2010

Life..

We've had another busy week here at the Salzwedel/Johnson household! Eric took Harper in on Wednesday for her 2 week checkup after her 2nd ear infection to find out....no new infection! YA. This was the first time in 3 visits to hear she is in the clear! I will be continuing to put garlic drops in her ears as a prevention (a tip I picked up from some gals at work).

As you can see from the above picture, our little gal is still loving new "big kid" food. Here's her eating a graham cracker. She is also onto eating #3 foods which have much more consistency. She's into eating the kid "puffs" which basically dissolve in her mouth. She likes to grab them & once in awhile will stick them in her mouth, but usually just whines until you put them in her mouth. She's very lazy! Still no holding her own bottle, rolling over or crawling.


The other night, she was really rocking out in her highchair, I got a glimpse of her and daddy acting all crazy!

We went back home to Jackson yesterday for Bethany's Junior prom! I can NOT believe she's old enough to go to prom, let alone go on the college visits she's been going on lately! I'm still hoping for Augustana so she can be close to us, but mom tends to look at the dollar signs:(
Whatever she choses, I will be happy for her, of course.

Back to prom, my job was to do her makeup! She doesn't need any, due to her natural beauty (and fake tan didn't hurt!), but it was an honor. I must admit that I cried when she came downstairs. No one else did, and they suck, because she was stunning!!!!! Below is a picture of her & her boyfriend, Josh....



I got a text from her today that the meal was great, as was the hypmotist, but the rest was kind of dumb. That's too bad, but now she's experienced her first prom.

Miss Harper is certainly more interactive as of this week. Lots of "talking." She also loves to read books and turn the page! She has also mastered the "hi" and "bye" wave. I have heard her say hi and Suzanne heard her say bye, so I think she's advanced=)

Emma is on the downward slide of 4th grade! We had 2 snowdays this year, so her last day is May 20th. Can't believe the year is almost over! She will go to summer camp for a full week this year. She does not want to do tennis lessons again, so we'll find another activity for her to try. She's mentioned a track Mini-camp, so we'll see!
Eric's and my big news of the week is that tomorrow is our 2 year wedding anniversary already! I can't believe it's been 2 years. We've gotten so much accomplished...major trip, new house and new baby in that 2 year time span. Where does the time go?! Babe - here's to 50 more years of wedded bliss!!! love you!!
Have a good week!







No comments:

Post a Comment