Monday, May 24, 2010

Sleep?? What's that?

Things have been super crazy here at the Johnson/Salzwedel household! Last Monday, Harper woke up with another 103 degree temp! The doctor squeezed us in only to find out, the ear infection was not gone. So, we went to shots of antibiotics! One in each leg, for 3 straight days! She screamed for about 20 minutes afterwards..the whole time we waited each time to make sur she didn't have an allergic reaction to it! Eric took her on Wednesday to see Dr VanBeek. She said it still wasn't gone! I couldn't believe it! So on top of the shots, we went onto another medicine & drops:( My poor baby has an appointment on Tuesday to see a specialist about potentially getting tubes. I did take her to the chiropractor also, to get an adjustment. I just hope something helps!

Harper loves to eat whatever you are! She also LOVES to have her hands in whatever she's eating! The books say to let them try & feed themselves, but jeesh, what a mess! I did it with mashed potatoes last night, and she went straight to the tub! The jello was easier to clean up!


Our girls make each other smile every time they see each other! We're so happy to have smiley girls!

This was a picture of Emma on Thursday for her last day of 4th grade! I can't believe the school year is over already! Today, she starts out at summer daycare already! Mom's not looking forward to making lunches daily, but we hit Sam's on Saturday to get all of the supplies! They will do plenty of fun activies to keep her occupied and starting in June, they will go across the street to the pool bi-weekly, so she will get quite the tan again this summer!


Yesterday, Emma went to her dad's for the day and I planted plants in the front of the house:(
Yuck! I hate gardening. I planted 5 perennials so I don't have to do that every year! My back is quite sore today!

We also had our daycare lady's son come over to see if he wants to power wash and stain the fence! It's quite a job & would take us 2 full weeks, I'm sure, to do it ourselves! Sounds like a good job for a freshman to earn some money!
This week will be a busy one! Dr appointment tomorrow for Harper's ears and on Thursday, my girlfriend & I head to Fargo for the Nickelback concert! I'm SOOO excited to sleep a WHOLE night thru!! It's been a LONG time! (Harper still wakes up..we let her cry for an hour the other night and she just kept crying..won't go back to sleep!) Then, we drive back home, only to get back in the car to drive to Milwaukee!!! Paul & Jen..here we come!! So excited! (Tho I'm not looking forward to the 11 hours in the car that day:(
Have a safe Memorial Day




1 comment:

  1. love the new background! hope harpers ears look better...and let me know if you need to borrow any mini skirts for that concert you are going to...lol

    ReplyDelete