Saturday, March 19, 2011

Big Girls

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I've gotten the energy to update the blog! This toddler of ours keeps me busy!!

Two weeks ago today, Emma wanted to "audition" to be in a commericial with some famous people.  I wrote about this last time, but wanted to show the picture of our big gal! 
My parents & sister came to town that day as well. Of course, Em & I were gone most of the day, but we did get to see them for a little bit. We all went to the Tea SteakHouse & my folks stayed at a hotel that night so the girls could swim. Bethany had a scholarship competition the next day at Augie (hope to find out soon how she did!). The only one who swam was Emma. Harper clung/screamed the minute she got close to the water, even with Auntie helping? But, Emma had fun!


Our other big girl, is truly that. I found her walking around the other day in my wooden Dutch shoes! How cute!  Her new favorite things are: Using a spoon to feed herself, saying "Thank you, mommy," still watching Dora, wanting to drink pop and last but not least, starting to potty train!! She is doing pretty good. She's gone 3 times in the past couple of days!! We do the potty dance when she does it & she likes that!

We've also been working on some word recognition. She's actually picked the word "hi" out of chin and chimpanzee. She has also started walking backwards on occasion. She's just so funny!


Yesterday, I bought this cute Dora couch at a garage sale for $5. May have been the best money ever spent! It folds out to like a hide-a-bed thing, with a large picture of Dora on it.

Currently Harper is cutting several teeth. She's still working on getting 3 of her first molars to push thru, but I also noticed a sharp eye tooth peeking out on her lower, right side. Our poor little gal.

Emma's at her dad's this weekend & Eric went to Lincoln for a fantasy baseball draft today, and will be back tomorrow, so it's SO quiet here!

On a sad note, one of Eric's best friends from high school, Dominic (who was one of our groomsman at our wedding), lost his young bride, Jessica, to  breast cancer on Monday. She was diagnosed about 2 months after our wedding 3 years ago.  We are so incredibly sad for him & their 8 year old son, Sebastian. She was only 38 years old and I can't understand it. As a mother, I can't imaging getting to the point of knowing I wouldn't be there for my child & my heart aches for all of them. Rest In Peace, Jess!

This news has brought us lots of tears this week, but am trying to remember that she is now one of the most beautiful angels in Heaven.

Have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment