Greetings from a constantly busy household!
Sorry for the delay in writing! Its crazy how fast time goes!!
2 weeks ago, Eric's mom came on Saturday to watch the girls. I actually woke up not feeling well on Saturday, so I had to skip my massage:( I also missed Max & Bella's birthday party, which was too bad. We had a surprise 40th birthday party, so I bucked up & ended up going to the party. I actually had a good time, even tho I wasn't feeling 100%. Sunday, Eric & I went to a movie, while Carolyn stayed with Harper.
The last week of March, Eric boarded a plane to go visit Paul & Jen in Milwaukee. That was his birthday gift from me & the girls. He left on Thursday & came back on Sunday. I forgot how hard it is to be a single parent!!
We bought a zoo membership this year, so the girls & I went to the zoo last Saturday. The weather was nice, but a lot of animals weren't out for the summer yet. Harper had a blast! She chased the ducks all over the place! She had so much fun!
The girls also went to the children's zoo and fed the billy goats. Harper kept waving to all of the animals & she just had a blast!
The girls took a couple of fun pictures for mom! Here they are on the "cow"
Right now, Harper is in her naughty stage. She definately knows when we tell her no, that she knows its wrong, but she sees how far she can push it. Right now, her favorite thing is to do is to walk to the dog food & put as many food pebbles into the water that she can. She sits on the rubbermaid full of food, and throws them all in the water! To make it worse, the other day, I caught her drinking out of the dog bowl. GROSS!!
This week was full of run, run, run. Monday night, I ran out to do some errands, Tuesday, Emma & I went to the eye doctor, Wed, I went to visit my girl friend, Kristi who entered the hospital last week with major headaches. It turned out she had a tumor behind her right eye!! It was benign, thank God, but she had brain surgery on Tuesday to remove the tumor. She will have to have MRI's for the rest of her life to make sure the cell is not growing. It really made me jump back to real life of what is truly important! In one quick swoop, life could change!
Yesterday, we decorated Easter eggs. Harper wanted to carry them all over, so there was some screaming!
Harper - when she doesn't get her way
Emma's new glasses!
Last week, the girls & I went to take my grandma out for her 91st birthday! Today, we all went back to her house for a luncheon with a whole bunch of people we didn't know:) We need to be sure to visit as many times as possible. You never know what could happen, but I am SO blessed to have her around!
Forgot: The BEST news ever!! My baby sister, Bethany, has decided to go to Augustana College next year! This means that she will be in the same town as us!! I'm SOOOOOOO happy!! She can see us whenever she wants and Eric & I can hire her to babysit!! It's a win/win!!
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment