Sunday, July 24, 2011

Busy summer!




I hope this find everyone good! We have been a busy household, as of late! We've barely been home long enough to sleep, let alone update you all of our lives!

Above, is the girls in the pool for the first time this year! June was too cold, but boy, have we made up for that this July! It's been a scorcher! I believe it was close to 100 degrees for about a week, not including the heat index which put us at around 110! You felt like you would melt if you were outside at all. I prayed for the road workers!


On July 4, we headed up to the camper to spend the day with my folks. As you can see, Harper still loves the swing! I can't believe how big she is - compared to her almost 1 year old self (second picture). It about makes me cry how fast she's grown up!

The next week, we loaded up the car for the 7+ hour car ride to Milwaukee! We were concerned on how it would go, as last year (Memorial Day) Harper did NOT travel well. Well, now that she sits forward in her car seat, plus the invention of the traveling DVD player, we had a very nice drive!

We got there later Saturday afternoon. Eric & I had reserved a hotel room, and with Harper, we stayed the first two nights there. It's just easier with Paul & Jen having the new baby! That Monday, we went out to Jen's parents lake house & had a relaxing few days out there! Emma & Eric had their first jet ski rides. We all decided that we would LOVE to have one of those toys!! Below, is a picture of Emma with Uncle Paul!



Here is our new baby! I wish! No, here is my nephew, Joshua Dean, who melted my heart the minute I met him! He is such a sweet baby, tho he likes to eat...ALL the time! He's up about 3 lbs in his 4 weeks on earth. So, I'm not kidding when I say that!



After our visit, we headed back home on Wednesday. I cried as we left. My one and only nephew will be so much bigger the next time we see him:( That's SO hard about living so far away.

On Thursday, Eric went back to work & Emma & I had a mommy & me day! We haven't done this in a long time. We had a great time. We did some school shopping, lunch and we went to Dakota Stained Glass and learned how to make crafts out of stained glass. Emma made some jewelry & I made a night light. It was very interesting!!

On Friday, Bethany & I left for our first sister's weekend to Kansas City, MO. We'd decided on that location as Bethany has been to very few states. This trip, she added Missouri & Kansas onto her list! We thought about adding Arkansas, but decided it was still a couple hours further!
We stayed downtown at the Hotel Phillips.  A very old, but restored, hotel downtown. There was a lot going on down there! We went to a Japanese Hibachi restaurant & an authentice Italian place. We did some shopping and just had a nice time together. Never done that before! We wanted to do a trip before she starts college next month!

This week, marks Emma's 11th birthday. I just can't figure out where the past 11 years went. As I write this, I'm kind of teary. She's just so grown up. She's a good babysitter, when Eric & I want to go to a movie (generally during Harper's naptime). She's been very busy this month with dance camp (ballet) and going to visit G & G Johnson this past weekend. This week, she's got Police Camp (Eric & I want to go!), her birthday, and now, she may go to the lake with Grandma Salzwedel Thurs/Friday!

Next weekend, we're having a joint birthday party with a bouncy house. It'll be a blast! I'm hoping it won't be too hot, like it was last year!

My other little lady, is getting so funny. She says pretty much every word you can imagine! You have to be careful with truck, tho, if you get my drift! She loves to turn the light switches on. She loves to play with the vegetable oil?! She loves to take it in & out of the cupboards, in addition to the hamburger press! Why spend money on toys?

I hope everyone is safe & healthy!
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment