Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving already?

It was a short week for Emma at school. They only had school Monday & Tuesday. Wednesday she spent the day at Southern Hills Daycare again. Boy, she likes it there!! I hate that it takes me 1/2 hour to get to work the days she goes there! Funny how I never really noticed it before!! Those are the days that Eric has to take Harper to daycare as we need to leave by 7:30!

Tuesday, Suzanne our daycare lady for Harper, had shoulder surgery. She looks like she's in a lot of pain now & can't hold the baby in her left arm for 5 weeks! Fortunately, GGMA (her step mom-type person) who comes occasionally, is going to help with her for the next several weeks. GGMA is an older lady that loves to come hold her, so Harper will be well loved & probably not be put down for awhile during the day!


Harper experienced her first Thanksgiving this week! We went to Okoboji to Eric's parents for the day. It was a very nice day and Oma was quite ready to hold that baby!! She met us at the car, just itching to hold Harper! She hadn't seen her for 6 weeks, so I can imagine her need to hold her! Harper looked at us while we were eating & seemed to say, "Hey, you forgot my plate!"

After spending the day there, we drove to my mom & dad's so they could watch the girls for a few days! Both Eric & I had to work on Friday and had no daycare, so my mom came to the rescue! Thanks again, mom! I woke up around 5:40 out of habit on Friday morning, so I got up & did some black friday shopping at Wal-mart, Target & Walgreens. I made it to work by 8! I'm basically done Christmas shopping, so that's a nice feeling! After a very long, boring day at work, Eric & I went out to dinner & tried to go to the movie, "The Blind Side." Unfortunately, it was sold out at both theaters, so we ended up going Saturday morning! We then went to Lowe's and bought a new washer & dryer! YA! It's a top load, so I'm pumped for the day we get the new one installed. I told Eric I don't need a Christmas gift, but I doubt he'll take that to heart!


After our errands, we got in the car & drove to Jackson to get our girls! Boy, did I miss that baby girl! Jeesh, it's amazing what changes in two days!! She started sucking on your shoulder when you hold her while she was at grandma's. Shee also has a very snotty nose:( She absolutely HATES getting her nose suctioned out, but there is no choice! Poor baby! She's sleeping in her car seat tonight, to keep her elevated, along with the vaporizer. I hope it doesn't last long! Here she is eating, which is a struggle with her nose stuffed up! Poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment